Sigma 14mm F2.8 EX Aspherical A-mount lens review by amantipa

negative:Flare
AF accuracy
muted colors
reports as 15mm
comment:I've had a love vs "I'm not sure if I hate you" thing going with this lens for a while. The flare and focus comments from everyone are just a fact of life with this design. I don't use AF ever with this lens and for landscapes, buildingscapes and artsy that's just fine. Almost always requires some external shading like a card or your hand to control flare. The round adapter is NOT a shade, it's just for the cap. Then right when I think I'm going to sell it, I produce something really nice. My bottom line is that this is an art tool and requires a lot of TLC and attention to make it live up to it's potential but that potential can be really great, especially considering the almost complete lack of distortion on APS-C. It's only a little wider than my Sony 16-105 so I don't break it out unless I'm serious about spending some time trying to work a building or landscape. Still want to try it on FF. Colors need a little boost to match the Sony or old minolta glass. I think that a large box shade would be worth constructing.