Sigma 18-125mm F3.5-5.6 DC A-mount lens review by ColinNZ01

Well built
Nice solid feel
Great lens hood
Great value for money
negative:Some barrel distortion at the wide end - expected
Some vignetting at the wide end, particularly with a filter attached - also expected
comment:A very good value for money lens. Got this new on ebay. Easily replaces the Sony kit 18-70 lens. I actually bought this as a travel lens as it covers most of what I would shoot on vacation, although it's probably a little wider than I need at the short end. It has not disappointed.

Along with being compact, it is nice and light which is a major factor for me carrying a digital SLR on holiday. I managed to get some wonderful shots while on holiday in Vietnam recently. It produces nice colours and reasonably sharp images when used with my Sony A100.

Not the fastest lens around but this is the lens I had on my camera most of the time. (I now have a Sony A580.) AF hunts a bit in very low light but I would expect that. Use of a tripod in such situations highly recommended! I also have been using this lens for indoor sports photography but I'm looking for a faster option for this purpose.

I would definitely recommend this lens to anyone looking for an all-in-one travel solution or a walk-around lens.

Update September 2017:
I still love using this lens on my A580. Although, my travel lens is now a Tamron 18-200 Dii which I have grown to really like. Still have the Sigma which I very rarely use.