Sigma 18-125mm F3.5-5.6 DC A-mount lens review by spada

Sigma 17-70
Tamron 17-50
price paid:$160
positive:Range
Solid build, solid lens hood
Zoom lock switch
negative:Slow focus
Soft corners
Extends far at only 125mm
inaccurate focus
comment:I had the same experience as a previous reviewer in that I brought it with me on a cruise last year, hoping that it would be a perfect vacation all-in-one lens, and ended up going back to my kit lens for the remainder of the vacation.
When I got home, I tested the lens out on my book collection in my bookshelves, and found that I had to manually focus the lens to get a proper focus, and even when I got it to be as sharp as I could, the kit lens was MUCH sharper with better contrast throughout all apertures. Only when I hit f/11 did it get close to the kit lens in sharpness.
Distortion with sunset photos needed to have heavy correction, and flare is pretty darn bad.
I sold this lens and bought a Sigma 17-70 immediately afterwards and was BLOWN AWAY with the pictures out of the 17-70 in comparison to the 18-125.
If you want an all around zoom lens, go with the Sony/Tamron 18-250mm, or stick with the kit lens combo of 18-55/70 and the 55-200mm.