Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG HSM Art A-mount lens review by mpatrick

3) Perfect range for full-frame
negative:1) Like other Sigmas tis a bit large
2) Zoom turns opposite of what I expect
3) Some vignetting and distortion at 24 mm, and corner sharpness
comment:This is my new favorite lens. I use it for everything now, and am basically planning to get rid of all my other lenses.

Probably not, just kidding. But it's just about perfect; landscapes, walking around, portraits, light telephoto action. Yes it's f/4 so you don't get super shallow DoF, but it's very sharp at f/4 in the center so you can still get some good DoF. The bokeh is nice; not bad, not great. When I wanted a little more reach, I flipped the a99 over to the telephoto zoom mode and the images came out great.

Autofocus is quick, and fairly quiet, although during video testing I noticed the camera picked up the noise it makes when it finds focus and comes to a somewhat hard stop. But that's mostly my fault for trying to use autofocus during video. :-)

It's heavy, and it's physically wide. It looks silly when I hook it up to my a6500, not so much on a77ii or a99, but it's still much bigger than other lenses I have used except the Sigma 50 non-art.

I've noticed vignetting at wider focal lengths, especially in lower light, and the corners never really sharpen up completely. But for the price I paid, and the overall utility and central sharpness, this lens can't be beat.