Sigma 28mm F1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF MACRO A-mount lens review by Collingsandheal

reviewer#39933 date: Sep-12-2017
compared to:Various G-glass, various Zeiss T* & Sigma Art lenses. The list has become to long.
price paid:£202.00
positive:Very sharp. Minimal distortion. Good colours and tonal fidelity. Keeps up with the 42MP sensor without a bother.
negative:None that I can think of.
comment:What happened with the reviews of this lens?
The other reviews here do not seem to represent the second hand lens that I have bought.
I was put off buying one for several years due to the reviews here!!!
Firstly my sample is tack sharp center field and sharp in the corners. The colours are great and the tonal fidelity is top notch. It is sharper everywhere than any of the AF35mm f2.0 lenses that I have owned and that lens is rated here as 4.97 for sharpness. I cannot be the only one with a sharp example!
Secondly, you can make unique images with this lens that have immense visual impact without horrific distortion.

Overall this lens is a unique proposition and it is affordable. Get in close and give normaly overlooked subjects immense visual impact with ease.

Totally a keeper.