Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC A-mount lens review by Samsonov

reviewer#4480 date: Dec-6-2008
compared to:kitlens, Sony 20mm f2.8
price paid:N/A
positive:Phenomenal lens that constantly delivers WOW results, low light capability, way cheaper than any other similar lens I can think of (Sony 35mm 1.4 G)
negative:Nothing that I can think of, it's not FF if FF is your thing (to me it does not matter)
comment:One day I will go to Japan, find the dude who designed this beauty, kneel before him and say "Thank you!" in five languages. This pretty much sums up how I feel about this magnificent lens.

This lens is one of the reasons I don't regret going the DSLR route. Fantastic for the kind of portraits I am interested in (ranging from full body from couple meters away or face from very close up with slight-ish distortion), good bokeh control, excellent in low light, VERY sharp in good light stopped down, flexible enough to cover all kinds of situations, this lens is a dream to use.

I gave it 5 for sharpness - there are probably some sharper primes around, but a) they cost at least 2-3x more and b) I am not really a "sharpness freak", to me this lens is a 5 as it's the sharpest lens I owned or used, to you it might not be if you have collection of 1500+ USD Zeiss lenses lying around...