Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM A-mount lens review by dyxum787

reviewer#44333 date: Jul-15-2019
compared to:canon and sigma
positive:1) build quality is nice
2) for the shots that i was able to get with accurate focus actually turned out very nice.
3) Bokeh was awesome. Loved the round light circles and creamy feel of bokeh
4) comes with a lens hood and a decent case.
negative:1) the focus really is a hit and miss. I never felt confident that I would get my photo sharp at selected focal point.
2) by no means it is a light or a small lens.
comment:I had been wanting to upgrade from the Canon 50mm 1.8 lens to a 50mm 1.4 or 1.2 lens for some time now. I could not justify the cost for a 50mm 1.2 lens even though they are a beast to shoot with. However with my shopping I had narrowed to selection to the Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma Art Lens 50mm 1.4 and the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM Lens. One of the determining factors was that it took a 72mm filter (I have a 72mm polarizing filter and I wanted to use that filter on more than one lens).

The Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM Lens checked all of the boxed on my list. It was very affordable, the build quality is outstanding, but when I shot with it over the Christmas holiday I was blown away by the images; they were sharp and the color fidelity was amazing.

I would definitely recommend this lens if you can't get the Art Lens, but even if you can this lens saves so much money and is a terrific value.

print stickers | sticker | printing | printing services | business printing