Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX APO IF A-mount lens review by Fivepin

Fast AF
Removable Collar
Accurate AF
negative:Size/Weight
Tripod collar gets in the way of zoom ring
Flare shooting into light
Soft at 200mm at f2.8 (actually a contrast issue)
slight vignette at 200mm
comment:I have been missing a fast focusing 70 - 200 f2.8 compliment to my lens selection. This lens fit the bill and I spent a lot of time as always reading reviews here. I would say once again Dyxum is spot on. My copy is used Excellent +. Boy is this lens sharp. The AF is very fast and accurate. At 200mm the shots lack contrast and are a little soft. When Contrast is adjusted post and a slight sharpen filter these images come back to life so in the end very useable from f2.8 on. Excellent from f4 on. I bought this to shoot sports and indoor activities with the kids. It does not dissapoint. Very fast focus and very accurate. The tripod collar for me is not comfortable to leave on. It limits the space to get your hands on the zoom ring. I use a sling strap and when removed that is a lot of lens to carry on the body tripod mount. In conclusion this may not have the newest coatings but this is a professional level lens that can be had for 1/3rd the price of the new models. Highly recommended.