Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 II EX DG APO MACRO HSM A-mount lens review by moedius

negative:Big and heavy
Some fringing
Slightly softer wide open
Required MFA on a77ii
comment:I can only review the particular copy I have of this lens. Used w\a77ii, and a6000 or NEX5R via LEA4 and LEA1 adapter.

I ended up choosing this as it wasnt so new that the costs were out of my budget but it wasnt so old that the worst of the older-lens model issues were a concern (especially with Sigmas).

It is huge and heavy which is expected, but feels well built. It's sharpness and contrast improves when stopped down a tad from wide-open, but even at 2.8 it's more than acceptable. Required some MFA before I got really sharp results wide open on the a77ii. Overall results were OK, but not quite as good adapted to e-mount. Due to the size and weight of the lens I don't expect to use adapted very often, if ever.

Fringing is there, but not as bad as the other two. The 1m MFD is good for my uses and the stock lens hood is nice.

If you can afford it, there are other lenses that are better in every area, but as a package this is a really solid, competent lens, and I have few complaints at this point in time.