Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro A-mount lens review by hooni

compared to:Sigma70-200/2.8
Sigma50/1.4
M28-135/4-4.5
CZ135/1.8
price paid:410 USD (Demo)
positive:Lightweight,Brilliant colors,Sharp Sharp Sharp,1-1 capability
negative:Slow focus speed as to be expected with true macro
Can not put lense cap on when hood is in use. Must buy 77mm lense cap to correct problem.

comment:This lense was a lot of fun to use at Disneyworld. It was perfect for flowers and bees and even snuck in a few shots of the family. The lense hood is frustrating since it screws on, changes the size of the lense cap when being used, and just gets in the way when trying to shoot at 1:1. Overall, this lense made me really find my interest being towards the macro end of photography. I will definately be educating myself further in this area after the amount of fun I had with Macro on my vacation. I really liked the lightweight and compact design as well as the final products I achieved. I have very little experience with PP and between this lense and my CZ 135 I found enough keepers to put off learning PP at least for a few more weeks lol!!! For the price, this lense seems to be a no brainer for anyone looking to try macro or who is just looking for a fun flower lense. :)