Sigma 75-200mm F2.8-3.5 A-mount lens review by clockwork247

positive:Price
Large Aperture
Built
negative:Pushpull zoom
Will not AF on many sony cameras
comment:I got a mint copy from keh for 80 shipped. Keh doesn't list serial numbers, I was just taking a swing at it. Well, it came as a 1XX serial number. oh no!!!

But as it turned out, this thing will AF on my A37 but will not AF on my A330. So my conclusion is that when sony switch from OVF to EVF they're changing quite a bit of things inside (another example is my Nikon SB24 flash works with the A330 but not the A37). So if you have a 3rd gen SLT (A37, 57, 65 and 77), there's a very good chance that this lens will AF.

I haven't had a chance to test it out too much, but so far it's actually pretty sharp wide open, I don't know about flare since I shot it in the afternoon, but the speed is nice, 2.8 all the way up to 135... then it's 3.2 and finally 3.5, good speed compare to the beercan for about the same price. The built is nice too, it's actually shorter than the beer can but slightly fatter. If you have a 3rd gen SLT i suggest hunting one down, it's well worth the money when it can communicate with the camera.