Sigma 75-200mm F2.8-3.5 A-mount lens review by fennetje

positive:sharpness
bokeh
2.8 speed till 135mm
light & small for the given range & speed
inexpensive ( but with a warning )
negative:might or might not AF on your camera
AF movement is crude
build quality varies ( see comments )
comment:I've had lovely results with this lens, IQ is really nice & it meets my requirements for portraiture 100%. Build quality is actually good overall, but Sigma skimped on the costs later on in the production. My first copy of this lens would auto-focus ( serial number starting with a 2 ) on my A55. Unfortunatly, it contained a plastic inner focussing gear ring, which didn't work well with the powerfull AF motor. After some use, I couldn't focus beyond a certain point.

Removing the front section & putting it back half a turn further ( which renders the focus distance window useless ) mediated some of the problems, but it wasn't ideal. I knew some had brass rings instead of plastic ones, so when i purchased a second copy ( earlier make ), i could combine the front element of that with the first lens, to have an AF enabled and durable copy at last. in total I've spent something of around 140 euro's ( with shipping ) on the 2 copies, somewhat steap, but i do consider it my best telephoto zoom lens to date.