Sigma 90mm F2.8 Macro A-mount lens review by eddyizm

reviewer#2285 date: May-9-2007
compared to:? all i have close to this is a KM 50 1.7 and a KM 100-200 4.5
price paid:150 USD (USED)
positive:super sharp, wide open, sturdy build, limit switch 1:1 adapter, creamy bokeh
negative:heavy, sometimes the aperture is not picked up by the alpha, have to unmount and remount. slow af noisy, at least my used one
comment:very happy with the lens, once i figured out how to use the 1:1 adapter (was a challenge for a novice like myself) but even without it, took wonderfully colorful and sharp macro photos, great portraits, gives you distance between the subject, AF is very responsive, even though a bit slow, the limit switch keeps you within a good working distance.

being my second prime, it didn't disappoint the high expectation i had from the KM 50 1.7. The bokeh is fantastic,
for the price, I felt it a steal. I didn't get the hood, unfortunately, but have not really missed it much. I will be posting some images in the lens images forum. I will definitely be keeping this puppy until its life is over.

Sample images (portraits coming soon)