Sony 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS E-mount lens review by linzthom

reviewer#44334 date: Jul-17-2019
compared to:a-mount glass
price paid:NZ$300, NZ$110
positive:small, sharp, very portable, compliments my a-mount lenses, 16mm width.
negative:nothing really
comment:This wee lens came with a Nex 5T which was why I bought them both. The combination is very easy to transport around and as a general every day combo it is ideal. Using it whilst hiking I didn't notice its weight or baulk and it fitted into a shirt pocket perfectly.It is also very unobtrustive at events combined with the 5T .
I use an a580/a77ii and Tamron 150_600 for my wild life gear and I find with this wee outfit they all compliment each other in every way. The lens itself, is acceptably sharp from the camera and through PS Elements really makes it shine.
I was very scepticle about e_mount but now I'm rather taken with it and just happily change between the 2 systems.
Very recommended
Edit: bought a second one for my a6300 and just as happy with it as the one on the Nex5t. I can't see why people are so negative about it ( unless they are hypercritical, pixel peepers)