Sony 35mm F1.8 OSS E-mount lens review by ToddHepworth

compared to:SMC Takumar 35mm F/3.5 with adapter
Minolta MD 35mm F/2.8 with adapter
Rokinon 85mm F1.4 to compare skin tones
price paid:$399 USD new
positive:This lens stayed on my camera (a6000) more than any other lens. I'm a teacher, and I mostly take photos of active children, both indoors and outdoors.
- F/1.8 aperture
- OSS
- Fast and accurate autofocus
negative:I didn't really like the way it rendered skin tones. It didn't matter if I left it in AWB or set white balance myself--grey card, kelvin, preset. Anglo skin came out with too much yellow and Latino skin with too much red. I got tired of having to tweak almost every photo it in Lightroom. I compared it to the Rokinon 85mm F/1.4 I use for portrait work to make sure it wasn't the camera. With AWB, the Rokinon renders perfect skin tones almost every time.

Slight distortion and vignetting which are a one-click fix with the camera profile in Lightroom.
comment:I loved this lens for everything except for the way it rendered skin tones. I sold it and bought the Sony FE 28mm F/2 lens for nearly the same price. Better skin tones but more barrel distortion (easy fix).