Sony AF DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 A-mount lens review by balacau

positive:Zoom range
Compact design
Fairly effective lens hood
Wide angle at 16mm
negative:Price is a bit steep maybe?
comment:After a long search for something as an upgrade from my 18-70mm DT kit lens, I finally decided on the 16-105 due to its wide angle capability and zoom range. I have to say it hasn't disappointed me! Due to reading through previous reviews on here, I bought a 62mm slim UV filter and have tried taking pictures at both extremes of the lens focal length and cannot see any vignetting!

It took a little while for me to get used to the extra weight of the lens, it feels a bit heavier than even the SAL75300, but still balances my a580 quite well so I'm happy with my purchase.

I'm still looking to purchase a hyperzoom at some point in the future but for the mine and industrial tours that I take part in, this lens is the business combining wide and short telephoto qualities with crisp, clear images.

With this lens I may not need to carry my 10-20mm Sigma as much due to its wider capability. So that makes for either a lighter load to carry or shoving a prime lens in there for more arty shots.

I really have no complaints!