Sony AF DT 50mm F1.8 SAM A-mount lens review by Aiduco

-good in low light
-nice bokeh
-vibrant colours
-performance for money
negative:-focus ring wobbles a bit
-sometimes cannot catch focus, so im focusing manually
-motor is a bit noisy
-at 1.8 i have experienced some purple fringing
comment:I bought this lens as addition to my kit lens (SONY AF DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II) to make portraits and closeups with nice bokeh and shallow background. This lens performs very well for the value. Bokeh is nice. Colors are vibrant. Lens itself is very small and light, and easy to be carried in your pocket or anywhere. I often do shooting in interiors with this lens in the evenings and it really performs great in the dark. Lens is very sharp at 2.8, almost as sharp as my Kit lens (which i consider my best lens) so it´s very good. Distortion is quite OK controlled however this lens suffers a build quality. I have never experienced flares with this lens which is good. However focus rings wobbles a bit which is annoying and sometimes i cannot catch the focus so i had to focus manually. Aside of these few negatives it´s a very good lens. I use it almost daily and almost all my most famous flickr photos were shot by this lens. I can only recomend this one!