Sony AF DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 A-mount lens review by russellsbags

price paid:99 UKP
positive:Lightweight
IQ
Circular Aperture
negative:Slight CA at tele end (Very slight)
comment:I love this lens. I badly broke my elbow a few years back and can't bend it to hold my lens when taking photos so all my freehand photography is done one handed. Sadly, this rules out heavy lenses like the beercan unless I'm using a tripod. That said I often choose this lens over the beercan anyway as I just love it. I have now sold the beercan as I'm more than happy with this.

Anybody who passes up on this lens because it's cheap, plastic, a kit lens etc. is missing out. There are some outstanding cheap lenses to be had out there. There is nothing wrong with plastic, both in the body or elements of a lens. I have terrible eyesight and have been looking through plastic lenses for nearly 30 years and for so many reasons I would not use glass. Mainly for the weight.

I would choose a modern plastic, lightweight lens over a 20 year old, heavy, metal lens any day. The technology now is far superior than it was even 5 years ago. Would you buy a VHS player or a Blu-Ray?