Sony Carl Zeiss 135mm F1.8 ZA Sonnar T* A-mount lens review by Saber

reviewer#10341 date: Jun-29-2012
compared to:Leica primes
positive:Beautiful results with very little effort on my full-frame A900. Build quality is very good to excellent.
negative:Hood is a bit easy to cross thread but by no means a detractor from purchasing. No, it doesn't have SSM but for this type of lens I'm not sure it really matters.
comment:I have been using this lens since early December 2011 and it’s truly a pleasure. I purchased it new directly from SonyStyle with the extended accident/service warranty - just in case. It was a tough call as I debated between this one and the ZA 24-70 but I'm happy with my choice. It’s very accurate with rich tones and in some ways it exceeds my previous Leica primes. I attached the B+W 77mm XS-Pro Clear MRC-Nano 007 filter, and it's been on there since day one. I like the results with this combination.

If you damage the hood it may cost you quite a bit to replace. I wish the hood were made of plastic vs. metal. It would be easier to mount, lighter, and likely more durable if dropped.

Overall, it’s a fantastic lens and I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed after buying it. Yes, it really is that good. ~