Sony Carl Zeiss 135mm F1.8 ZA Sonnar T* A-mount lens review by nitrosyl
|nitrosyl#7250 date: Apr-6-2010|
flare control: 5
|ownership:||I own this lens|
|compared to:||- Minolta 85mm f/1.4 G D|
- Minolta 135mm f/2.8
- Minolta 200mm f/2.8 APO HS G
- Sony Carl Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 Planar T*
- Sony 100mm f/2.8 Macro
- Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 SSM G
|positive:||- Razor sharp!|
- Almost lateral CA-free, even wide open!
- Neutral Zeiss color (good for portrait).
- Deep hood, minimal flare.
- Excellent bokeh.
- Best construction (ALL metal) I've ever seen.
- Constant length when focusing.
|negative:||- Some axial or "bokeh" CA at very large aperture settings.|
- Lack of SSM (doesn't affect my daily use though).
|comment:||This is THE crown jewel of current Sony Alpha DSLR lens lineup. I could only hope all lenses are built and perform in this high caliber. |
Its only weakness might be a bit of axial or "bokeh" CA when using wide open (lateral CAs are very well controlled). But so is true for almost every other 85/135mm competitors.
It is also lack of SSM. But I don't find that makes much difference in my daily use.