Sony Carl Zeiss 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Vario-Sonnar T* A-mount lens review by bonzaicole

reviewer#9501 date: Oct-15-2011
compared to:Minolta 28-135
Minolta 50 1.4
Minolta 24 2.8
Minolta 80-200 APO (not for range)
price paid:1375 used
positive:- Sharp
- Great feel
- Images speak for themselves
negative:- Expensive, but justified
comment:******WARNING: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK******

*** PLEASE NOTE: I don't want to be redundant here, so I will try not to go on too long praising this lens... or saying how heavy it is.

I'll just tell you what I'm doing after shooting with this lens for the VERY FIRST TIME. This is my first Sony Zeiss lens, but surely NOT THE LAST. In fact, I was so moved by the images and experience, I'm selling all my other high-quality glass, even the best classic Minolta beauties to BUY MORE SONY ZEISS LENSES and invest myself further into the Sony brand!!! This lens is a good enough reason to switch systems to Sony.

Furthermore, with the new and upcoming Sony cameras and new technology, I predict Sony will gain A VERY LARGE portion of the 'digital' photography market share and in the not-so-distant future be at the top worldwide.

Simply put, this is ONE OF THE BEST!

***I forgot to mention that the auto focus is unbelievable and will be great for shooting HD video.