Sony Carl Zeiss 24mm F1.8 ZA Sonnar T* E-mount lens review by calpon

reviewer#11413 date: Oct-31-2013
compared to:Zooms and the Touit 32mm
price paid:1000.00
positive:As sharp as a lens can be without costing several thousand dollars. In truth, this should be a 5 rating for any mere mortals. Built like a tank, but a reasonable weight. Very sharp wide open and is perfectly sharp by f/4. Corners are slightly soft until f/4 when it is just as sharp as the center. Very fast and accurate focus.
negative:None other than price. Some would say the lack of IBIS, but would the lens be this sharp with all that going on in the lens?
comment:This is a top notch lens and a lens any Emount shooter should aspire to. This would be a lens at the pinnacle for any mount. As an owner of a Zeiss Touit 32mm, I constantly debate myself which of the 2 will remain with me. I rationalize that 1 has to go because they are so close in FOV. The 24 is better built by a little and has faster AF. The 32 is a tad sharper and mf is a dream. I'll probably keep both unless I find 1 dominates my camera much more than the other.