Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM A-mount lens review by DavidBoentoro

positive:SSM
Build Quality
Constant Aperture
Fast AF
Bigger filter diameter (more intimidating in a way, but you look more like a pro with it)
negative:Heavier than CZ16-80 (NOT a real issue)
distortion on 16mm, but to be expected
a bit more range please? :p
comment:It's really hard to find an A77 with this lens as kit in Indonesia, and I finally got it! and boy was it worth every phone call and text messages I made to every possible retailer around.

The lens basically trumps the CZ 1680 in terms of build, focusing, and aperture (means almost all aspects including low light situations), except for the shorter focal length (which is more useful on outdoors) and heavier (if you want to travel light, the CZ is more shoulder friendly, but only by a bit).

Sharpness is great on all focal lengths, even at max aperture. I've heard there were issues of decentering. However I learned of that after I had the lens for a few days and I found none in my copy.

If you are looking for a consistent lens to walk around with good low light performance and fast & silent AF(compared to the CZ), this is the answer. And the price is cheaper when compared to a new CZ 16-80 if you buy it as a kit lens with the A77. Even if you buy it separately, it's still better IMO.