Sony FE 24mm F2.8 G E-mount lens reviews

reviewer#45741 date: Jul-8-2021
compared to:Not really compared with my other 24mm lenses other than experience from shooting lots of wa lenses over the years.
price paid:560 €
positive:Small and light, a perfect match to the a7c.
Aperture-ring is a welcome feature to make its return and with the “missing” front dial on the a7c it just makes perfect sense.
Lots of report of bad edge and corner sharpness, nothing I can really relate to. Just put focus where it should be and it’s sharp enough for me.
negative:My main use for this lens is street and with a wide angle lens like this zone- and hyperfocal- focus are tools I like to use. But since it’s not hard stops and a focus scale it’s just not possible or just not really practical to perform.
comment:I put a “3” on distortion since it’s just not really useable without software correction. Now when Adobe update Lightroom it’s not really an issue any longer.
Focus scale with hard stops would be nice and I’ll trade that against stuff like declick function of the aperture ring in a heartbeat.
Sony can make a aperture-by-wire so I don’t buy the argument that focus-by-wire make it impossible to implement a really useful feature.

A highly recommended lens!
reviewer#45698 date: May-3-2021
compared to:Minolta 28mm F2
price paid:699 EUR
positive:- light weight
- small
negative:- not really sharp
comment:I thought that this lens would replace my Minolta 28 F2. BUT: the pictures with my old Minolta Lens are better than the new Sony 24G. I didn'T get it. My expectation was that I get a really good lens for that price. But in real....no....no...
I have given it back to the reatailer.