Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di PZD A-mount lens review by gaging

Sony 135mm f/2.8 T/4.5 STF
Minolta 135mm f/2.8
Minolta 200mm f/2.8 HS G
price paid:$849
positive:Very sharp from wide open.
Great range.
Very light for the wide range.
Pleasant bokeh.
A good walk around lens.
Changing lenses less often means less sensor dust.
negative:Some distortions and chromatic aberrations, but they are easily corrected in PP.
comment:I had gotten my dream set of lenses, and I was having a great time with them. Then, I had a stroke that left me with only my left hand to use. Photography is a big part of my life, so I now use a Promaster pistol grip with a shutter trigger in my left hand, mostly now with this lens. Many of my other lenses are just too heavy to use for any length of time with only my left hand.

I bought this lens as the best compromise for its light weight and long range, but I found out that there is less compromise than I originally thought. The images are nearly as sharp as with my other lenses. There is a compromise in the background blur with my faster lenses, which are somewhat more pleasant and more pronounced. However, with a full frame camera, this lens actually has fairly good subject separation. Having this lens makes me feel better about having to sell most of my other lenses.

Not having to change lenses as often in the field is a plus when using this lens, besides its lower overall weight.