Tamron AF 55-200mm F4-5.6 Di II A-mount lens review by hassenpheffer

-light and compact
-6 year warranty
-great bokeh
-quite sharp
negative:nothing to speak of considering the price.
Metal lens mount would be nice.
comment:First, what I was looking for in a lens:
I shoot mostly wide-angle landscape, but I like having a light compact tele zoom handy for the off shot and also doing close-up work on wildflowers.
I do alot of backpacking and backcountry travel, so size and weight are important considerations in what I take with me.
Back in my Olympus DSLR days, I really liked the foal range of my Zuiko 40-150mm, which in APS-C terms is very close to the Tamrom 55-200mm. I had the Sigma 70-300 on my A350 for a short time but I hated it since it was never consistently sharp.
So I thought I'd give the tammy a try, and I must say that it's every bit as good as the Zuiko 40-150, which retails at 400.00!
It's quite sharp throughout the focal range and with the 3 foot minimum focus distance, gives good close-up work and a nice bokeh. Yes the build is basically plastic, but it still feels to me like a well built lens for the price and holy moly Tamron gives it a 6 year warranty!
A definite recommend if you want an economical tele zoom.