Tamron AF 55-200mm F4-5.6 Di II A-mount lens review by Samsonov

reviewer#4482 date: Dec-6-2008
compared to:kitlens
positive:Great little lens for guys like me, who are not tele freaks, but like to have something handy; price
negative:Rotating focus ring, corners are not very sharp sometimes
comment:I am decidedly a wide angle kind of guy, but I wanted to have some cheap, handy, small little tele lens for an off tele shot or two. Also, I mostly use my camera when I travel, so all my lenses must be "travel lenses", to fit in an airplane carry on luggage, not break my back when walking around for a whole day etc. I am not interested in any lens that I cannot take on my trips (airplane, train, hiking...). For this reason I will probably never own a 70-200 f.2.8 regardless of the price because they're just so damn huge. So this lens fits my requirements (almost) perfectly. Having said that I never expected to have this much fun with this lens! Very flexible focal range, surprising sharpness overall, usable for portraits, the only drawback is the lack of sharpness in corners in some situations, but hey, for the price paid, I cannot complain.