Tamron AF 55-200mm F4-5.6 Di II A-mount lens review by Cougar66

Cheap
Colours
negative:Plastic mount
Lens hood
comment:I bought this as a walkaround complement to the Sony 70- 400 G which is my most expensive and heaviest lens so I dont have to lug it aroud all the time. Wanted a cheap light lens that performs.
The Tamron does. Its not as good as the Sony. Its not quite as sharp as the Sony especially at the edges.

The Tamron outperforms the Jupiter and also makes a great portrait lens. It displays a small degree of CA but thats well controlled. Stoppped down its pretty sharp, especially in the centre. Colours and contrast are great.

Negatives - I prefer metal lens mounts even on plastic lenses. The lens hood causes the front to rotate as it is taken on and off which turns the focus gearing. It concerns me that this will damage the focusing mechanism. So I leave the motor disengaged when fitting the lens hood. That is a fiddle.

Overall Tamron have a winner here with a compact, inexpensive lightweight tel zoom that takes great pictures.