Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di USD A-mount lens review by skm.sa100

price paid:USD500 (used)
positive:Range.
Weight.
Price.
negative:Not much in particular, considering the price point.
Not sharp enough, especially for birding, which is what I use it for. The feathers can be extremely demanding in asking for a highest level of resolution.
Actually, that's my only complaint; I do wish it was sharper.
comment:This is a budget zoom that goes to 600mm. Such a lens wasn't even available just a few years back.
"Budget" and "600mm" simply don't go together, unless for a Cat lens but those tend to be fixed aperture and donut bokeh, like 500/f8.
I'll get straight to the point: at 600mm/f6.3 it's good enough but simply can't resolve the feather detail of a bird.
It works extremely well for almost all other photography but birding is very demanding.
That being said, this lens is quite capable of delivering really good results in line with its price. A bit of tweaking in post can really make it shine.
f/8 to f/10 is where I tend to keep it at and it gives me good results.
CA seems to be nonexistent and I've shot a good bit under harsh conditions. Flare is also not an issue, especially with the deep hood. Since it's a tele, distortion isn't usually a problem but I haven't tested it out specifically for that.
For the price and given the range this lens provides, it's a winner. That's the bottom line.