Tokina 28-70mm F2.6-2.8 AT-X 270 PRO AF A-mount lens review by 3.0

Sharpness
Large Manual Focus Ring
Hard focus stop
Colors
negative:Weight is positive and negative. Negative being it throws my a77 and a200 off unless I have vertical grip, otherwise I really do enjoy the weight.
comment:I read about the legendary lens here and found the Pro II on eBay in Japan. I had the option of the Pro or Pro II for same price, but decided to go with the Pro II since it has more advanced glare coating.

I did quite a bit of research into the lineage of the lenses as I was pretty back and forth with both versions. I'm literally taken back by how sharp the lens is, stopping down from 2.8 to 4 and manual focusing gets you images razor sharp.

The build is absolutely incredible, it's some type of alloy composite and feels like it can take a beating. Mine is near perfect condition and that is a testament to the build, considering the age I'm sure this lens has been through a lot and it's still held.

I'm definitely saving up to get the original Pro version with the short hood mount. Not that I think it's better than the Pro II but simply to complete the set. This is the 3rd Tokina lens I own the other two, 70-210 and 75-300mm are built from steal and feels solid and sharp in their own right. But nothing compares to this lens.