Tokina 28-70mm F2.6-2.8 AT-X 270 PRO AF A-mount lens review by jakoblochowich

Sigma 30 1,4
Tamron 90 2,8 macro
price paid:300€ (used)
positive:fantastic old-school heavy build
metal and glas - nothing else
colors are great
"warm" light
sharp for a zoom
fast for a zoom
preforms quite well at low light conditions
fast and good AF
negative:a bit soft towards 70 at 2,8 - but it's solved at 3,5-4
weight - if that's a problem - but this is not a plastic lense!
comment:I bought this lens two weeks ago and it has been on my camera since. I have been looking for a fast quality zoom lens since I bought my A300 because I wasn't satisfied with the kit lens. Until now I have only used primes, but when I found this used zoom I was not in doubt that this should be the one.

And I have not been disappointed! I really enjoy using this lens. I mostly do portraits and street shots and for that purpose it is fantastic. It's a quite heavy lens, but that's the price you pay for a solid build of metal and glass. After all I see that as a positive thing and it's a true joy to handle old-school quality like this.

The only "soft spot" this tank has is, that it gets a little soft towards 70 at 2,8 but I actually find the softness quite charming combined with the warm light and great colors. Going down to 3,5 or 4 this "problem" seems to be solved! Apart from that I think I get almost as sharp pictures as with my primes and it preforms almost as well in low light conditions too.

The AF is fast and works fine on my A300.

All in all: if you come across this lens, don't hesitate to bye it. You'll not regret it!