Voigtländer 21mm F3.5 Color-Skopar E-mount lens review by Kilkry

reviewer#44407 date: Nov-4-2019
compared to:Samyang 12/2? Both are sharp in the center wide open and have lots of contrast and nice colors. The Samyang has a less "Zess/Voigtländer" sunstars and more CA towards the corners and costs significantly less and is for APS-C of course
price paid:670e (new)
positive:+Short mfd (0,2m) can give an interesting perspective
+Bokeh isn't altogether bad, at all
+Relatively but not entirely resistant to flare (small ghost)
+Pleasant feel of focus ring and tiny
+Exif
(+ Ten-rayed well-defined sunstars)

negative:-Vignettes lots and even more with the thin ND filter I've used with it which may and may not harm long exposure shots
-A little rather uncomplicated barrel distortion
(- The loudest properly functioning focus ring I have, compared to lots of vintage lenses. An even whispering, the FM user who replied to my query there said his produced the same sound. One can't hear it unless listening for it in a quiet setting though)

comment:I thought it would mostly have rather unconvincing bokeh and that I would never really like sunstars but had an inkling I might change my mind on the second part and I think I have. It is super fun to shoot against a lightsource with, near or at mfd.

A bit weird that it isn't for sale in Sweden (Scandinavianphoto is currently the only store listing it, when asked they replied they had no idea when they would be able to source one)