Voigtländer 65mm F2 Macro Apo-Lanthar E-mount lens review by Michael Johansson

reviewer#44496 date: Apr-9-2020
compared to:Sony FE 90mm macro
Sigma 3.5/180mm macro
price paid:7500 SEK used
positive:Manual focus, manual aperture.
Electric contacts for EXIF, IBIS and focus aid.
negative:Lens extends when focusing.
comment:I simply adore the IQ of this lens. It is extremely sharp and has a beautiful bokeh.

As with all my Voigtländer lenses, four so far, they have a very good build quality with very smoth focusing ring and the aperture ring has distinct 1/3 stop clicks. I put build rating to 4 (should have been 4.5) only because of the lens extending when focusing.

The lens comes with a 18mm long lenshood which I find either to short or totaly unnecessary as the front lens is retracted aproximately 32mm into the lens barrel. I doubt the extra 18mm by the hood will make much difference on a day to day basis. That said I think the hood is well designed without adding any extra to the lens diameter and an extra filter thread at its front to accomodate the lenscap.

(In the Dyxum lens database it say the lens has selective aperture control system. That is wrong and I have tried to report the error but with no success so far.)