Zeiss 35mm F2 Loxia Biogon T* E-mount lens review by onsplekkie

price paid:550 euro
positive:Colours & contrast
Small form-factor
No distortion

negative:The lens it self is build like a tank. Like other users mentioned the lenshood clicks in well, but not very secure. The same for the hood of my Loxia21 (not so on my Loxia50)
comment:Colour, contrast and rendering are wonderful. I used the Loxia50 for a few years and still own the Loxia21, so knew what to expect for build and handling. Manual focus doesn't bother me, actualy like it for it slows me down and makes me think more about compostion. You don't realy know how smooth the lens focus&aperture rings feels/handles untill you try it yourself.
It is compact without being too small, perfect fit&balance on the A7-bodies for it has some weight to it.
In short: Not super sharp wide open corner to corner (centre is very decent!), no silky-smooth bokeh, no blazing AF. Yes it will last a life time, yes stopped down a bit is it very sharp corner to corner, yes it's contrast in back-lit situation is just great, yes I love its (typical) sunstars, yes it is free from distortion.
If the retail price is worth it over some pretty good other options/competition that cost about same, maybe not....... If you find it for a decent price secondhand, and like compact over bulk, highly recommended.

ps.
The Voigtlander 1.7/35 is my most used lens over the last 5 years on my trusty A7s. After buying the A7iii last year I was never pleased with the results of this M-mount lens on the new camera. Info in the internet tells me it could be that the filter-stack of the A7iii is different as on the A7s (and needs a extra screw-in, homemade, optic to adjust this).
So, in search of a new favorite 35mm on the A7iii I tried the hyped 1.2/40 Voigtlander for half a year, not sure why, but just did not do it for me and sold it. Looked hard at & tried the FE Distagon 1.4/35, Samyang FE1.4/35, & all time classic Contax C/Y 1.4/35 but just to big&heavy lenses for my liking.
The Loxia2/35 has been on my wish-list, but I found it somewhat pricey for a f/2 lens. Last week I found a good deal on a 2nd-hand copy (like new) and now think I should have got it earlier (-;