Zenitar MC 16mm F2.8 Fisheye A-mount lens review by polossatik
|polossatik#2338 date: May-22-2007|
flare control: 4
|ownership:||I used to own this lens|
|compared to:||peleng 8mm|
|price paid:||140 usd new|
|positive:||* cheap: around 140 USD.|
* reasonable sharp stepped down a bit.
* very wide angle.
* I like the colors (but that is personal).
* the modding/fixing is very easy. Just need a small screwdriver that fits.
* sanding a M42 adaptor is fun if your beer is stored in the garage where you sand.
* did i mention cheap?
|negative:||* not very sharp until F 5.6 or higer|
* metering from my 7D is acting usually rather "erratic" (under exposing 1 to 2 ev) when stepped down - so need to check shots.
* not really a fisheye "effect" on a 1.5 crop
* you might need to "fix" the focus ring yourself on some lensens to be able to reach infinity. ( How to is in the same post as the next "mod".) Do this *before* sanding your M42 adaptor. This may also be needed on Zenitars with a "direct" A-mount.
* with the M42 adaptor you need "mod" the lens a bit as seen here otherwise you cannot change the aperture - it stay's at 2.8 then.
|comment:||more info and sample pictures (comparing with peleng and KM 17-35) are found here|