Minolta AF 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 A-mount lens review by GoBlueDevils4

positive:Sharp when stopped down
Awesome build quality
Focus limiter is nice
Smooth bokeh
negative:Heavy! Doesn't balance well on smaller bodies
A little soft wide open but still usable
CA's can be prevalent
comment:I bought this lens to compare specifically with my copy of the 70-210 F4 beercan. I was very pleased with the beercan, but I often found myself wishing for a bit more reach. I decided to buy the big beercan and whichever one I liked more I would keep. The big beercan gives me images as good as the beercan in just about every regard. While the constant F4 aperture of the beercan is nice, I found that I took most of my pictures outside in direct sunlight so it really wasn't necessary. The extra reach of the big beercan outweighs the benefit of the constant aperture of the beercan for me. The focus is quick enough and the build quality is spectacular. CA can be an issue in some instances but for the most part it's usually not noticable, maybe a little better control than the beercan. Just be aware that this lens is heavy and can be a pain to lug around all day. If you already have the beercan, it's really not all that much bigger/heavier so you'd probably be used to it anyways. Overall a very highly reccommended lens.